The 311 Call Center provides various options to connect to a wide variety of non-emergency City services and general City information.  Some of the most popular City services can be requested directly through this MyLA311 web portal or submitted by using the MyLA311 mobile application.  These include bulky item pickup requests,  building construction inspection requests,  graffiti cleanup requests,  and reports of property violations.

The 311 Call Center operating hours are 8:00 am - 4:45 pm daily including weekends and all holidays except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
General comments and feedback regarding 311 Call Center services or staff may be directed to the 3-1-1 Call Center at 213-473-3231.  Please ask to speak with a supervisor.  The public may also visit our webpage and submit a "feedback" service request (SR) indicating it is regarding the 311 Call Center. 
877 ASK-LAPD (877-275-5273) is the police department's primary non-emergency number. Use 877 ASK-LAPD for all of your non-emergency police needs. 877 ASK-LAPD is available 24 hours per day, in English, Spanish and TTY.  Non-emergency requests for police service include reports of non-violent disputes, disturbances, loud parties, gang activity, loud noise (noise complaints), loud radio or TV, drunk/intoxicated person(s), drug/narcotic use, racing cars/motorcycles, non-injury traffic accidents/collisions, loitering, refusing to leave, ringing house, car or business alarms, illegal vendors, minor complaints, nuisances, off hour construction permits and on-going problems. (see service details for list of Los Angeles Municipal Code violations.

To report crime anonymously, CALL 1 800 78 CRIME (800-782-7463) or Visit WETIP.COM
To submit an Anonymous Tip, Call 1-800-222 TIPS (8477) or Visit LACRIMESTOPPERS.COM

How Can I Report An Abandoned Car?

A person may call his or her local police station or the Parking Violations Bureau, Department of Transportation, at 1-800-ABANDON / 1-800-222-6366, to report an abandoned vehicle. An officer from the Parking Violations Bureau will be dispatched and will issue a parking citation. The officer will return after a 72-hour period. If the vehicle has not been moved, the officer will impound the
vehicle. There is additional information online at

Noise Violations

The Police Department is responsible for the enforcement of Noise Ordinance violations involving people--generated or controlled noises--which are considered disturbances of the peace.
The following is a list of Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) sections of the Noise
Ordinance and a summary of the elements that constitute a violation:
41.32 LAMC-Theater sound amplifiers audible to human ear at a distance of more than 50 ft beyond the property line of the theater.
41.40 LAMC-Construction before 7:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m., Mon-Fri, or before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m., Saturdays and National Holidays. NO CONSTRUCTION ON SUNDAYS; except individual homeowner.
41.57 LAMC-Loud and raucous noise anytime from sound making or sound amplifying device in his/her control (conditions apply).
41.58 LAMC-Loud Party
53.63 LAMC-Barking Dogs (enforcement by Dept of Animal Regulations 888-452-7381)
80.36.3 LAMC-Commercial trucks idling near a construction site before 6:30 a.m. (Rubbish trucks exempt see 113.01)
112.01 LAMC-Loud TV's, stereo's, musical instruments, amplified music at any time.
112.04 LAMC-Powered equipment and other devices before 7:00 a.m. and after 10:00 p.m.
112.05 LAMC-Maximum level of powered equipment or hand tools between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
112.06 LAMC-Places of entertainment (warning sign required if noise level exceeds 96 dBA).
113.01 LAMC-Refuse or garbage collection within 200 ft of a residence prohibited before 6:00 a.m. and after 9:00 p.m.
114.01 LAMC-Vehicle repairs before 8:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
114.02 LAMC-Unreasonable operation of a motor vehicle anytime (idling long periods, racing engine, etc., in a residential area)
114.03 LAMC-Vehicles loading or unloading before 7:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m. within 200 ft of a residence.
114.04 LAMC-Audible signaling device operated within residential zone or within 500 ft, heard for a distance greater than 200 ft for any purpose.
114.05 LAMC-Audible advertising device operated within 200 ft of any residential building between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. while operating a catering truck.
115.02 LAMC-Amplified sound, loudspeakers, music, etc., including vehicles.
116.01 LAMC-Loud, unnecessary, and unusual noise anytime.

Off Hour Construction Permit - How to obtain

Off hour construction permits can be obtained by writing to the Police Commission, attention Board Secretary, at 100 W 1st Street, Los Angeles, California, 90012. In your correspondence please include the date, time and location of the construction and a telephone number and/or address of a contact person. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing. For further questions contact the Board Secretary at (213) 236-1400

Reporting Illegally Parked Cars

Contact the Parking Violations Bureau, Department of Transportation, at 213-485-4184 or 818-374-4823 or 1-800-ABANDON/1-800-222-6366, and an officer will be dispatched. If the person
who reported the illegally parked vehicle lives at the location, goes out to meet the officer, and explains to them that he or she lives at the location and cannot leave the driveway due to its being blocked, the officer can impound the vehicle.

There is additional information online at

What Can I Do About My Noisy Neighbors?

A noisy neighbor may create a disturbance by having a loud television,stereo, or radio. These types of complaints are best handled by calling 877 ASK-LAPD. Officers from your local police station will respond to the reported location to resolve the noise complaint. The Noise Enforcement Team (NET) is responsible for the investigation of complaints of ongoing and aggravated noise which require monitoring with sound level meters or which are of a habitual nature. Common examples are on-going early construction, business deliveries and early morning trash pick up before 7:00 A.M. The Noise Enforcement Team can be reached at 213-996-1251 during normal business hours.

877 LAPD247 (1-877-527-3247) is available for reporting additional information and clues in on-going investigations staffed 24 hours daily.
Reports of children playing near and around abandoned refrigerators or appliances should be transferred to 9-1-1 for police response. However if the abandoned refrigerator/appliance poses no imminent danger to children please call 3-1-1 or 1-800-773-2489.
The Abandoned Vehicles service allows citizens to report a motor vehicle that has been abandoned on a street for any length of time. After notification to parking enforcement, the vehicle will be marked. At that point, the 72-hour clock starts. If parking enforcement returns after 72-hours and the vehicle has not been moved, it will be cited. The car will be towed after 24 hours of receiving the citation if it has not been moved. 
Clink on the link below to access an online web form to report an abandoned vehicle. If you provide an email address on the online form, you will receive an confirmation email. 
Note: MOTOR HOMES are allowed to park in residential areas, but must move every 72 hours like all other vehicles. If constituents do not have the license plate numbers please type "no plate" on the license plate field.
Survey benchmarks are available to the private surveyor and the public in general. Benchmarks provide reference elevation points located throughout the City.
Los Angeles Fire Department - Arson - Custodian of Records Unit accepts subpoenas for members of the department and handles request for reports related to all fires and arson within the City of Los Angeles.
Used to determine if a street light acceptance test for known street lighting project has been completed by the Bureau of Street Lighting.
Accepts payments for B-Permits U-Permits/Excavation Permits and Overload Permits.
Los Angeles Fire Department resource for receivable collecting (bill paying) & recording, and invoice generation
Administrative Investigation Division (AID) operates under Internal Affairs Group.  Please see Internal Affairs Group.  
The administration offices of the Department of Animal Services, located in downtown Los Angeles, provide administrative support to the six Animal Service Centers.
Administrative Services Bureau (ASB)formerly Administrative Technical Services Bureau(ATSB)
The program encourages community groups to adopt medians or parkways for purposes of planting and beautifying on condition that the group maintains the improvements indefinitely. OCB coordinates the appropriate City department's approval and will waive all fees associated with an A Permit and a Revocable Permit.
OCB encourages community groups to adopt a specific location to keep the area free from litter, debris, tagging and graffiti. OCB will provide the necessary materials for the project.
LADBS Code Enforcement enforces section 12.70B17 L.A.M.C. prohibits the establishment of adult entertainment businesses (as defined in code section) such as adult arcades, adult bookstores, adult cabarets, adult motels, adult motion picture theaters, and adult theaters within 500 ft. of any religious institution, school or public park and within 1000 feet of other approved adult business. Additional information can be obtained on the LADBS website.
Expired permit letters are generated by our Expired Permit Reduction and Enforcement System. These letters are automatically sent to constituents when they have a permit that is scheduled to expire. Constituents should schedule an inspection before the expiration date on the letter. If they have questions contact the inspector named on the letter.
The Affirmative Action Section of the Office of Contract Compliance is responsible for monitoring and inspecting the activities of construction and non-construction contractors and vendors providing goods or services to the City of Los Angeles to ensure compliance with Affirmative Action provisions of the L. A. Administrative Code Section 10.8. It advises contractors of their affirmative action responsibilities and conducts on-site visits.
The Los Angeles Housing + Community Investment Department's Affordable Housing Bond Program (AHBP) issues tax-exempt mortgage revenue bonds allocated by the California Debt Limit Allocation Committee (CDLAC) to build new multi-family housing developments or to rehabilitate existing structures. The bonds are a source of funding available to developers of qualified residential rental housing projects located within the City of Los Angeles. To access this tax-exempt financing, projects must restrict a minimum of 20% of their units to affordable levels; but projects are more often made 100% affordable by the developers in the effort to attain the maximum benefit of this resource.
Showing 1 to 20 of 1259PreviousNext